Are you a parent or carer of children aged 0-18 years old? Would you like to build on your strengths, pick up top tips and share experiences? Then come along to ParenTalk in the Small Hall.
We meet on a Thursday 9.15 – 11.15 am. Check the calendar for dates.
What is ParenTalk?
ParenTalk is an 8 week discussion-based series with other parents and carers in a friendly, safe, relaxed atmosphere. We share experiences and help one another with everything that it means to be a parent.Subjects covered are:
- accepting yourself
- love without strings
- saying what you mean and meaning what you say
- defending the boundaries
- choosing your battles
- being a parent with elastic
- building up happy memories
Feedback from previous courses
- “I now try not to be too hard on myself.”
- “I have learnt to be patient with my kids.”
- “I am more aware of directly communicating with my child, I understand more how he feels and my child’s behaviour has improved. I used to worry I wasn’t the best; I am now more relaxed and realise that every parent goes through the same things.”
We all need a little help at times as parents and carers, so come along to ParenTalk and we can share and learn together. For additional information, please contact us.